.

.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

merry month of May

Merry Merry was the month of May. Our calendar was full and we didn't have time to feel let down after our trip to Utah. We hurried to get the garden planted, and started to get the weeds pulled. I wish that job was done.

I took my neighbor Madalyn to the Hat Museum over in East Portland. We had a great time seeing all the old hats and learning about their history. It was fun to even try on a few. Why did we stop wearing hats? I think they would be nice on bad hair days. Next time you girls are in town I will take you to see the museum.

We took our seniors to a couple of musical programs. The first was out in Sherwood. Cindy Arave Christiansen leads a choir out there, they are fine musicians. Your Step dad sings in that choir Michelle. The next week, we went downtown to the Old church to hear another community choir, they were excellent. It was a wonderful evening to be down town, the weather was warm, people were out and about. It seemed kind of magical.

Ellie played in a concert with her Orchestra. She has a new violin and she can make it sing.


May was my turn to give a lesson for Daughters of the Utah Pioneers. I learned a lot about the building of the railroad from Omaha Nebraska to California and the part that the Mormons made in that effort. It was very interesting. So if you have any questions, ask quick while I can still remember the answers.



Dad and I took advantage of a beautiful afternoon and drove up the Clackamas river. We stopped at a farm at the end of the Oregon trail. It was a place where the weary Oregon pioneers stopped to rest and eat after their long journey. The lilac tree in the picture was brought from Maine and planted over 150 years ago.


Dad's traumatic trip to St Vincents hospital was success full but the outcome has been dismal. His pain seems worse rather than better. Pray that he can remain hopeful.

Our trip to New Jersey was wonderful. New Jersey in May is more than beautiful. Chayce was kind and loaned us his truck so Dad I could drive around in the country and see the sights. Thanks so much Chayce. We were sorry that you were suffering from the flue while we visited Chayce, we missed your attention and humor. Brandon kept grandpa on his toes. We miss being close to you. Our trip down to the Jersey shore was great. I loved the Island, the Victorian houses and of course the shore.
Here is our house at the shore. Brandon take notice that I call it the SHORE.


Shelby was pretty happy to be along with the rest of the family.
Grandpa and Brandon had fun playing.
Mom and Dad soaking up the sun and the view of the Atlantic. Mom in her new hat from the museum and her medically approved glasses.

Chayce feeling poorly and missing all the fun.

Here is Rob ready for a game of football.
I missed the best picture. I neglected to take my camera to the beach the first day. When we arrived at the beach, we spread out our blankets and laid down in the warm sunshine, however it was a bit breezy so I got wrapped up. When we got up to go the beach was crammed full of people and umbrellas. I have never seen such a crowed beach, that would have been a picture to remember.


I loved this beautiful tree in front of Rob and Kim's house. We sure had a great time visiting, Thanks for showing us a great time.

We arrived home in time for Anders last band concert. No time for Band in High School.

See the sun does shine in Oregon. We arrived home to beautiful warm days. For us it was hot, it was in the eighties and low nineties.

Until June, we love you. Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks like you had a very fun month! Wish you were closer! You would have gotten a kick over Autumn at her play - such a ham!

Tami said...

Great Blog with lots of fun pictures. We are so glad that we can be part of your lives. I love that you are always doing great and fun things.