Here we go again. With Rob's help I hope I have less trouble with this blog. I just finished talking to him via our new web cam. It is really cool. I think you should all get one. It is just like having a real visit, with out traveling.
January has moved along slowly, lots of rain and not much going on. We have taken a few naps, read some books and started to dabble in some genealogy. I say dabbling because it is easy to spend a lot of time and not get much done. I need a computer consultant and genealogist to sit by my side. Bryce you need a web cam so we can visit about using “Ancestor.com” I’m real proud of the fact that I managed to get on “My Space”. I found a grandson of Lucille Chase that I needed to get in contact with. Dad is figuring out how to navigate on “face book” Are we savvy or not??? Chayce don’t laugh to hard. You never know I might be able to find the right buttons.
Our senior group came over one afternoon to play games. Dad taught them the “dice” game that you taught us Jeff. They loved it. Dad loves the game and he has all his friends playing it. If anyone finds a new fun game be sure to tell us about it.
We did have a little excitement one night. Dad was sleeping on the sofa by the TV. I was upstairs sleeping soundly. All of a sudden I heard a huge crash. I ran down stairs and found Dad covered in blood. We hurried to the bath room and applied cold wet cloths. He must have been having a nightmare, and ended up falling and hitting his ear on my computer desk. You can see the results below. The good news is that he is all better now, he may have a little scar left. I didn’t know that an ear had that much blood in it. DON’T HAVE BAD DREAMS.
I just looked at the Calendar to see if we have done anything interesting this month. Not much, a few ball games dentist appointments and a reminder to take Tony and Arlene to the airport to catch a flight to Maui. Hmm a warm sunny vacation sounds good to me right now.
Ellie came over and we decorated her new hat.
Ian invited us to his pinewood Derby. He was pretty excited because he had the winning car. As you can see he has been working hard earning badges. It was fun watching all the excitement.
We traveled down to the coast to spend a few days. Now and then we get bored taking the same road so we took an alternate route, through Hebo. I liked this little stream. We were using our GPS. to find our way. It wanted us to take some little dirt roads through the wilderness. I’m glad Dad is getting older, he wasn’t tempted to take any of them.
Here is the beach under cloudy skies. Dad spent some time fixing up after the water damage caused by the storm in December.
Here is a little Family news. Jim Ririe is in Iraq. His mom says that he tells her he is in a safe zone. We hope that is true. Keep him in your prayers. Nat Tucker, is home from his mission after six months. His mission leaders decided he had to many health problems and medications to manage away from home. Aunt JoEllen says he has a good attitude about it. Poor kid, my heart goes out to him. He was so excited about being on a mission. Jordana is still waiting for her US visa. She was supposed to leave on the 20th of January. Maybe she should go to Mexico and come in that way.
Well there it is; our January. Love to all of you. Keep Happy.
Love Grandma
2 comments:
Nice Job Mom, you are getting to be a real pro!
Your January looks much more exciting than ours - at least you have pictures! :)
Post a Comment