.

.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Merry Christmas 2009

This has been a wonderful season. We started with a big Christmas party for our seniors. Lots of friends helped with the food, and Dad, the missionaries, and the Jacksons kept everyone fed and served. Ellie came to play the violin. Tami’s friend played the guitar and sang to us. Ellie surprised us and sang some songs with her also. It was a great party.

Anders celebrated his 15th birthday on the 4th. He was proud to show us his new drivers permit.

The Bake kids came over to make Ginger bread Houses. Unfortunately due to my technical skills I lost my pictures for the first part of December. Anyway we had fun and the kids made some great houses.

The next week was full of Christmas parties and concerts. It’s good we planned to leave town because I think all the fun happened in the second week of December. Dad spent the week wondering if he should buy snow tires or risk driving to Utah without. Finally we decided to fly. Thank goodness. And thanks to Michelle we had her car to drive around Utah.

On the 17 of December we watched Autumn’s play. She was adorable and did her part very well. Seth entertained us with a great story at his story telling club. We were amazed at how well he told his long story. He has a great memory. Finally in the evening Megan sang with her School Choir. It was a great program. You can see Megan on the right, third row up.

DSCN1890

Brittany celebrated her 12th birthday. Her friends showed up for a surprise birthday party. Isn’t she cute.

DSCN1895

It was lots of fun making the gingerbread houses.

DSCN1906 DSCN1912 DSCN1901 DSCN1905

The Highland bunch

DSCN1935 DSCN1937

DSCN1946

DSCN1942

Dad and I spent the next couple of weeks having fun with the kids. We played lots of games, made puzzles, read and watched everyone enjoying the Christmas season. We were sure happy to be with part of our family for the Holidays.

One the activities I loved the best was our trip to the new temple in South Jordan. Megan, Devin and Bryce joined Debbie, Alex, Alysha, myself and Brittany for her first trip to the temple to be baptized for the dead. It made me very happy to be at the temple with some of my wonderful grandkids.

Here are the Highland Riries enjoying Santa’s gifts.

DSCN1958 DSCN1956 DSCN1957 DSCN1959

Here are Alysha and Brittany busy texting all their friends.

DSCN1966

Alex with his BYU blanket.

DSCN1964

Games on News years day.

DSCN1990

DSCN1991

It was a wonderful Holiday. We love you all.

Love Grandpa and Grandma Ririe

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think your blog looks great! It was fun to see all the pictures! So glad we got to have you for the holidays!

Tami said...

I wish we could have joined in on all the fun in Utah during the holidays. I was glad that you got pictures of the Utah gingerbread houses so I could get ideas for next year.